We have created a better video of an eco house we have mentioned before in another post on this blog.
We are very happy to have been chosen to work on this project, many architects would kill to have it (although not literally!). We are currently attempting to get planning permissions on this project.
This project is very different to our usual projects due to the nature of the design specifications which need to be met to reach the higher levels on the Code of Sustainable Homes. We hope to be able to do more projects like this in the future.
A few things which will be included on the eco house are follows:
- It is insulated to a super high standard.
- It utilises ground source heat pump technology.
- Photo voltaic electricity generation through solar panels.
- Heat recovery technology.
- Low water consumption using grey water.
- Rain water harvesting.
- Ecology friendly walls constructed from stones harvested on site.
- Reed bed sewage treatment.
- Ground breaking passive annual heat storage technology.
- Composting and recycling space.
- Certified environmental building components.
- Use of low waste construction techniques.
- LED lighting throughout.
If you’d like to have a look at this new tour, click on this link.
Written by Jade Turney – Building Tectonics Ltd.